I've created a much needed FAQ page covering topics like electroforming and silversmithing.
You'll find questions such as:
- How often do you change the bath?
- Am I able to electroform with metals other than copper? Specifically gold or silver? Or would it be better to gold/silver plate over a copper electroformed piece?
- Since I'm just starting out should I invest in a 5-amp rectifier or get a 3-amp one?
- I am getting a kind of putty-ish salmon color. What's wrong?
- What would you recommend sealing opals with?
And so much more!
If you have any other questions that I've not covered in the FAQ then please leave them in the comments section below.
Please try not to email me your questions. I get dozens of emails a week that can be answered publicly for everyone to see rather than via private email. I'm just trying to streamline this Q&A process and I think this is the best way to do so.
Thanks so much for your understanding and cooperation! I'm just overjoyed with how this community has grown. I know I haven't been posting much lately as I'm gearing up for another collection launch for my jewelry business, which is my full-time job and first priority.